East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Call for applications for choreographers working in Poland: Residency programme Project 2/3 (deadline approaching)
The Institute of Music and Dance announces a call for applications for the second edition of the exchange residency programme PROJECT 2/3, organised in cooperation with the Centre de Création Chorégraphique Luxembourgeois TROIS C-L. PROJECT 2/3 encompasses production and residency support for artists from Poland and Luxembourg. The project also aims at establishing and supporting relations between dance communities and enhancing the presence of contemporary dance in the consciousness of the residents of Luxembourg and Poland. The implementation of the project is carried out by the Centre de Création Chorégraphique Luxembourgeois TROIS C-L in Luxembourg and the Institute of Music and Dance in Poland in cooperation with the Lublin Centre for Culture.
Goals of the project:
- exchange of experience and knowledge about contemporary dance in Poland and Luxembourg;
- artistic exchange with local artists and dialogue with local audience;
- enabling the dancers and choreographers to enter self-reflection and look at one's own choreographic practices and creative methods within the framework of intercultural artistic exchange
- the project is open for a professional Polish choreographer living in Poland with a team of up to two people (minimum number of people - 2, maximum number of people - 3);
- the choreographer and his/her team must be available for the entire duration of the residence, i.e. from 21 October to 4 November 2019 (included);
- the artists who participate in the residency undertake to publicly present a work–in–progress demonstration on 3 November 2019 as part of the cyclical event Le 3 du TROIS ( http://www.danse.lu/evenements/3-du-trois/);
- the participants of the project are required to be able to work independently in an open residency environment;
- the project may be related to any area of contemporary choreography.
Luxemburg residency period: 21 October – 4 November 2019.
For participants of the PROJECT 2/3 the organisers provide:
- 5000 PLN per person to cover the flight costs and the artist's fee;
- accommodation – a room with a kitchen located in the vicinity of the Centrum TROIS C-L;
- access to the studio and the stage of Babanenfabrik Theatre where the TROIS C-L Centre is located;
- working hours with a light designer on 2 and 3 November 2019, prior to the presentation of the work–in–progress;
- participation in professional morning dance classes (with a possibility of teaching a dance class).
The application should include:
- choreographer's full bio and short bios of the accompanying dancers,
- cover letter and description of the project to be realised during the residency,
- technical requirements,
- video links to choreographic works of the choreographer/team.
Applications in English have to be submitted to the following e-mail address: [email protected], the deadline is 24 April 2019. Three projects will be chosen by the jury composed of the representatives of the Institute of Music and Dance and independent experts. These projects will be sent over to the Luxemburg organisers. The final choice of the residency project will be carried out by the Director of TROIS C-L and the results will be announced on 6 May 2019.