studio das weisse haus offers a curatorial residence of one month, which is accompanied by a public event, in order to introduce the proposed curatorial project to a wider audience.
The aim of this program is to link the selected curator to the Viennese art scene and provide him/her with an insight into the local institutional environment. Therefore we will arrange studio-visits with local artists, guided tours through current exhibitions and collections, field trips and other events.
The selected Curator will receive
- a monthly allowance of EUR 800,- to cover basic living costs.
- a one time contribution to the travel expenses.
EUR 200,- are assigned to residents coming from a country within Europe, whereas EUR 400,- are assigned to residents coming from a country outside of Europe.
- a budget of EUR 400,- for organizing a public event.
Please take into consideration that the amount is not strictly specified yet and rather limited, since das weisse haus is a non-profit organization. The project will be approved with the selected curator, and will be paid to the curator or participating artists only after the submission of relevant invoices and bills.
- a studio accomodation in a shared apartment (kitchen, sanitary facilities, terrace and courtyard).
- ongoing support by the staff of studio das weisse haus.
- In addition we organize the aforementioned events and activities.