East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Call for Projects: 2019 Odyssee Artist-in-Residency Program (France)
Deadline: 17 December 2018
With the support of the French Ministry of culture, the ACCR has been coordinating the Odyssée artist-inresidency program. The program is aiming at artists, researchers and culture professionals from countries other than France wanting to develop projects within French Cultural Centers – Historic Monuments. More than 600 artists from over 78 different countries have taken part in the program, developing projects in different areas such as music, architecture, arts and crafts, visual arts, dramatic writing, novel writing, scriptwriting, animated film-making, photography and journalism.
The 2019 call for projects is open until the 17th of December 2018. It is aiming at artists, researchers and culture professionals coming from all countries other than France.
Applications from the following countries are encouraged:
- Canada, especially Quebec ;
- Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Cuba, Haiti;
- Sub-Saharan Africa especially Angola, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Nigeria, Uganda;
- Algeria, Afganistan, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia ;
- Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, India, Myanmar, Mongolia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh.
We highly encourage feminine applications especially from the countries here above.
Applications for a residency period in the area of artistic and cultural projects must be in line with the artistic project of the selected French cultural center (see list below).
Artists, researchers and culture professionals wanting to apply for a residency period in 2019 within a French Cultural Center, have to send their projects to the selected center, with one copy to the ACCR office, before the 17th of December 2018.
Applications for a residency period in the area of cultural management and networking are to be sent directly to the ACCR, before the 17th of December 2018.
- by post to : ACCR, Hôtel de Massa, 38 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
- by e-mail to : [email protected], including “Odyssée 2019” as the subject.
Applications should include:
- Curriculum vitae / short biography;
- Personal project for the residency period in line with the global project of the welcoming center;
- Selection of works or link to on-line recording of music or theatre creations, if applicable, whenever possible;
- Cover letter;
- Recommendation letter;
- Proof of residence (recent utility bill i.e. telephone, gas, electric);
- Copy of passport or national identity card.
2 The Odyssée artist-in-residency program allows residents whose projects have been selected by a CCR (Centre Culturel de Rencontre), member of the French network, to receive 1200€ per month and the refunding of their travel fees (up to a determined level depending on the distance from their country to the CCR).
Residents are staying free of charge, within the Centre that has accepted them. Some Centers offers restauration on the spot, others reimburse restauration fees within a certain limit). Whenever possible, the Centre puts at their disposal material necessary for their residency project. The period of residency can vary between 1 and 6 months.
- January 2019 : Odyssée Commission deciding on the applications
- March 2019 : Answers to applications.
For further information, please contact: [email protected]
Find out more at www.accr-europe.org