East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Call for Submissions: Bucharest International Dance Film Festival (9-13 November 2016)
Application deadline: 1 September 2016
Bucharest International Dance Film Festival (9-13 November 2016) invites film directors, choreographers, digital artists and other artists to submit their dance films and digital installations to the second edition of Bucharest International Dance Film Festival, taking place in Romania from November 9-13. The competition is open for fiction short dance films, documentaries, animations and installations with a prize pool of 3000 euro. However, off competition, BIDFF will showcase long length dance films, both fiction and documentary. In 2016 the theme of the festival is The Digital Body and welcomes films and installations that challenge the duality of essence and expression in the new era of digital communication and constant insecurity.
THE DIGITAL BODY
Short curatorial statement
#emotional #geopolitical #multi-sensorial #collective #subversive #mechanic #informational #activist #migratory
Since the late '40s the fine line between the body and the information begins to lose intensity. Large scientific projects promise to extract information from the human body and use engineering genetics for practical applications. Sociologist Manuel Castells talks about a city and a society as an information network. The body becomes a matrix of data, emotionally encapsulated, defragmented and decorporalized, in a constant flow of fake memories and super sensorial experimentation. Extracorporeal digital age is a reality that requires a matrix of information to replicate itself over and over again. Who are you in this environment and how do you deal with it? We are interested in promoting dance films (short and long, fictional and documentaries), video and digital installations, talks and lectures that have a strong opinion on the way the body adapts to the era of informational chaos.
BIDFF #2 launches the open call for 2 sections of the festival: International Dance Film Showcase and "The Digital Body" International Exhibition hosted by Galateca Gallery in Bucharest. The application forms and the conditions for each section are different so please read the following guidelines:
INTERNATIONAL DANCE FILM SHOWCASE
- BIDFF is accepting shorts (fiction, documentary and animation) for the international competition. Submitted films should not be longer than 15 minutes. You can also apply with long feature or documentary films, to be showcased in a special program.
- The exhibition copies of the films should be at least in Full HD format (minimum resolution 1920 x 1080).
- One applicant can submit no more than 2 films to BIDFF.
- All the films submitted must be produced or released after January 1st, 2014. Films previously submitted to BIDFF will not be taken into consideration.
- A preview link of the work is mandatory; please make sure that you provide the password of the screener in the designated labeled field of the application form.
- Submitting your film to BIDFF is free of charge.
- If you wish to teach a workshop or present a lecture in our festival please describe it briefly in the designated field of the form. These activities will be organized in the days preceding the showcase of the films.
- An international board of artists will award three films.
THE DIGITAL BODY INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION
- BIDFF is accepting digital installations of all genres that will be showcased in a group exhibition and respond to the theme of the digital body. We are mainly looking for video installations but we will also consider sound installation, computer generated, augmented and video reality, immersive and interactive, micro digital sculptures and other forms of art.
- You will be asked to attach a PDF presentation of your installation including the details that you consider relevant (pictures, video, sketches, important technical details).
- Submitting your installation to BIDFF is free of charge.
- Accommodation and transportation will be covered by the festival for the selected participants.
- A special prize will be awarded to one of the installations in a competition juried by an international board of artists.
- One applicant can submit no more than 2 installations to BIDFF.
If you have any problems or further questions please send an email to: [email protected].
To find out more about the festival and to apply please visit www.bidff.ro