East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Deadline approaching: Open call for independent physical theatre makers (Croatia, Romania, Ireland)
The incubator is aimed for all independent theatre makers, be it individual artists or collectives (companies), in the field of contemporary movement-based theatre practices (such as physical theatre, mime, improvisational theatre and other forms with a strong relation to the body and movement). The organisers are using the terms “non-institutionalised” or “independent” theatre to refer to practices that take place outside and beyond established institutions or repertory theatres. However, they are aware that this realm of theatre can only be adequately understood and precisely named in the context of each individual European country or region.
The project is co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union. The ‘Make a Move’ project objective is to contribute to the revitalization of European theatre by mobilizing the unutilized creative and innovative potential of non-institutionalised and independent theatre practices, such as physical theatre, corporeal mime and improvisational theatre.
The strategy to achieve this is to develop and test an innovative incubating environment in which non-institutionalised and independent theatre practitioners will have the opportunity to develop their artistic and professional skills and grow their production proposals from the stage of creative ideas to different stages of production and promotion. The project will identify at least 5 new cooperation opportunities and initiate applications to sources of funding.
- Mid-career theatre makers with at least 10 years of professional work, be it individual artists, collectives or companies
- Artists from the field of movement-based theatre practices and/or with a strong relation to the body and movement in their artistic practice
- Artists who are European residents, working freelance and/or in collectives (companies), based/registered in Europe
- Collectives (companies) with eligibility for funding in their country of residence is a requirement
- Very good written and spoken English skills
There will be three thematically defined Labs as part of the whole Incubator in three cities
25/04/2019 – 04/05/2019 Galway, Ireland: Digital Practices
10/09/2019 – 19/09/2019: Rijeka, Croatia: Site-specific theatre and audience outreach
09/12/2019 – 18/12/2019: Targu – Mures, Romania: Inside Out – Positioning non-institutionalised theatre practices in a critical journalistic and business context
- The artist or collective will be paid 4.320,00 Euros for participating in all the three Labs.
- All expenses are paid including travel, accommodation and subsistence (or per diem).
- If an individual artist applies, they must attend all the three Labs of the incubator during 2019, in Galway (Ireland), Rijeka (Croatia) and Targu-Mures (Romania).
- If a collective of artists or a company applies, they have an option sending only one artist per Lab (2-3 artists in total for the whole Incubator).
- During each Lab, an artist will have the opportunity to collaborate and co-create with nine (9) other artists in residence and occasionally with some local or regional artists.
Deadline: 30 December 2018
More info and details on how to apply here.