East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
ETC Scholarship program 2017 for Ukrainian theatre makers
Deadline: 16th August 2017
photo: End of Imitation 2.0 © Alexander Dolovov via etc-cte.org
ETC Scholarship 2017 for Ukrainian theatre makers in theatres in Germany and Georgia
Be part of this unique opportunity and APPLY NOW!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16th August 2017.
For the fourth year in a row, the European Theatre Convention (ETC) together with Staatstheater Braunschweig and Eastern European partners are setting in motion a fruitful collaboration with Ukrainian theatres and artists in 2017.
This year's edition of the project Theatre is Dialogue - Dialogue of Cultures: European networking with Eastern European theatres features several activities and events aiming at enabling an open cultural dialogue throughout theatre with and within Ukraine. A scholarship programme will open new perspectives and foster professional artistic exchange for and among young Ukrainian and Eastern European theatre makers.
A four-week residency to be realized in an ETC member theatre in Europe has been developed for Ukrainian theatre makers and cultural workers to exchange working experiences and establish important connections. 3 placements are available in theatres in Germany and Georgia. The intensive work program gives the selected scholar the possibility to discover the daily routine, working structures and artistic processes of a theatre in a foreign country. It will allow experiencing different working methods, to create new contacts and expand your professional relations.
As scholar you will support a production team and the artistic / technical / administrative ensemble until the premiere or if part of a festival team, during the preparation phase. However, please note that the artistic decisions will have been taken beforehand.
In addition to that, a meeting of all scholars will take place from 2 nd – 5 th November, 2017 in the frame of the Fast Forward Festival at Staatsschauspiel Dresden in Germany.
You can apply, if you are a Ukrainian theatre maker:
- who works and lives in the Ukraine
- with experience in your respective field
- from a public theatre or from the independent scene
- with good English language skills and basic knowledge of the language of the respective country you wish to go (detailed information on the required language skills in the description of the offered placements)
The call is open for all theatre professionals (stage directors, authors, dramaturges, actors, technician, administrative area etc.). There is no age restriction.
What does the scholarship offer?
- 4-week work placement in one of the theatres listed below
- Flight from your hometown to the airport closest to the theatre
- Accommodation during the time of the placement in the city of your theatre
- Contribution to your local expenses in the amount of 750,- EUR
- Participation in the scholarship meeting at Staatsschauspiel Dresden from 2 nd -5 th November, including travel to Dresden from your hosting theatre city and accommodation in Dresden
- Visa costs
You will be asked to arrange and cover your own health insurance for the duration of the scholarship.
If you are interested to be part of this program please fill out the attached application form until 16th August 2017.
As part of the application form, please include:
- a CV
- a motivation letter
- recommendation from a previous collaborator to support your application
Please send all documents together in one file to [email protected] All applicants will receive notification about the result of the application by the beginning of September 2017.