East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Open Call: Bucharest International Dance Film Festival, 6-9 Sep 2018
Deadline: July 10, 2018
Bucharest International Dance Film Festival (September 6th - 9th, 2018) invites directors, choreographers and artists to submit their dance films to the fourth edition of BIDFF.
[RE]TRACING - THE THEME OF THE 2018'S EDITION
This year's festival theme is [re] tracing, paying attention to the leftovers the time has carved through the lives of individuals and communities. Intimate personal stories, different means of archiving collective memories and speculations of a future life, can provide a context of [re] positioning of “the one” against “the many”, willingly altering the so called general accepted truth. All of these manifestations and many others leave traces in the body, erasing and [re] writing meanings with the speed of light. [Re] living the reality can generate a new fictional “state of truth”, one that can link together different temporalities and emotional levels, confusing the psychological and the chronological. Will the counter positioning of the one against the history of many really generate a creative conflict, one that can [re] frame repressed historical realities or [re] define uncertain present facts?
The competition is open for short dance films (fiction, documentaries and animations) around the world, with a prize pool of 3000 euro. BIDFF is looking for cutting edge dance films with a transparent and sometimes coded meaning, challenging the viewer to a playful exchange of information about social life, politics, extreme emotions, out of the ordinary places and oddly beautiful dance aesthetics. BIDFF encourages syncretism and dialogue between movement and the diverse forms of cinema from the most traditional to experimental.
- Shorts of maximum 20 minutes will be accepted and should be produced in the last 2 years.
- A minimum quality of Full HD (1920 x 1080) is required for the exhibition copies.
- You can submit a maximum of 2 films. Both can be taken into consideration.
- Films submitted to previous editions of the festival will not be taken into consideration.
- You can submit also documentaries and features, as they can be screened as part of different theme based selections, off competition.
- Three movies shall be awarded by a professional jury appointed by the organizers. The jury members will be made public prior the festival, after the official selection will be published.
To submit your films to the festival please fill in the form: https://form.jotformeu.com/81307694915363
10th of July 2018