East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Open Call for Choreographers: Aerowaves Dance Across Europe
Deadline: 12 September 2019
Each year the Aerowaves network selects 20 of the most promising emerging choreographers in Europe. Aerowaves promotes their work for a year, creating opportunities to perform with our Partners.
Why apply to Aerowaves?
Reach a network
Everyone who applies to Aerowaves has the chance to have their work programmed by the partners of the network, whether or not they are selected as Aerowaves artists. Around 100 performance opportunities are guaranteed by the partners and supported by Aerowaves each year.
Exposure for your work
Should you be selected as one of the Aerowaves Twenty, your work will be promoted by Aerowaves via its website for one year by an artist profile, with images, video and press coverage all in one place.
As one of the Aerowaves Twenty, you will be able to announce your forthcoming performances in the Aerowaves calendar and we will share this through our networks and social media.
You may be selected to perform your work at our Spring Forward Festival which will take place in Rijeka (Croatia) from 24-26 April 2020.
If at first...
If you are not selected in one year, it is worth applying again (with a different work) in subsequent years. This can help to build recognition and understanding for your work, especially if you are a very new choreographer.
- You must be resident in Europe to apply
- You may apply with only one work per year
- The work you are submitting must have been produced in geographical Europe
- Aerowaves is a platform for short works - your work must be 15-40 minutes in length
- Your work must be finished and have been presented to the public - work in progress, studio sharings or rehearsal footage are not eligible
- Your work should be easily included in a double or triple bill and have simple technical requirements
- You may not apply with work made within the framework of full or part time dance education (except a PhD) eg. BA, MA or any other qualification offered by an institution or group of institutions. An exception may be made if it can be shown the work has entered the professional arena - contact [email protected] if this applies to you.
- You must fill in the Aerowaves application form correctly, upload your video to Vimeo, providing us with the link and the password if necessary and enabling 'download' in the settings (so we can download it) - also include a 100 word statement about the work in the description box (this can include factual and contextual information). Please also include this statement and a 100 word biography in the notes section of the application form. If you don't have a Vimeo Plus account, please read the instructions under 'Providing your video on Vimeo'
- Previous Aerowaves applicants, successful or unsuccessful, may apply again - but you cannot apply with the same work twice
- You must be prepared to perform for expenses and a small fee, based on a guideline amount of €200 per person travelling, per performance when undertaking performances with Partners supported by Aerowaves
- For Spring Forward, expenses are paid and fees are based on €100 per person travelling, per performance, in recognition of the additional promotional value of the festival