East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Open Call for Czech curators - Delfina Foundation Residency (London, England)
Deadline for applications: 14 September 2015
Delfina Foundation (DF) is an independent, non-profit organisation dedicated to fostering artistic talent and facilitating exchange through residencies and public programmes ranging from workshops to exhibitions, both in the UK and with international partners.
With support from the Arts and Theatre Institute - Artists in Residence Programme and Czech Centre London, DF is offering a six-week residency to a curator with Czech citizenship, living and working in the Czech Republic. The residency period is 12 January- 16 February 2016.
During the residency, DF will develop a structured series of events and activities enabling residents to:
· Research and develop areas of interest
· Develop skills via training and mentoring
· Access information and resources through independent study, field trips and workshops
· Participate in both internal and external/public events
Typical participants will include graduates or curators with limited international experience.
THE SELECTED CURATOR WILL RECEIVE:
· A six-week residency in London, including one return, economy-class flight, and a living allowance for food/per diems and materials;
· A single bedroom at DF with shared facilities, such as the laundry room, kitchen, and dining room
· Opportunities to engage in the art scene in UK through structured and independent time and activities
· Access to a programme of planned group activities and visits to cultural organisations in the UK
· A Czech citizen, currently living and working in The Czech Republic;
· Seeking an opportunity to develop your practice and the concepts of your curatorial work
· Able to explain how the experience of an international residency may benefit your career development
· Proficient in English
It is desirable that the applicant has an undergraduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
To find out more, please visit the Czech Centre UK website.