East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Open Call: Kapana Creative District – Plovdiv (Plovdiv 2019 Foundation and French Institute Bulgaria)
OPEN CALL FOR PROJECTS FOR THE FLAGSHIP “KAPANA CREATIVE DISTRICT”
“KAPANA: EVENTS AND INTERVENTIONS IN PUBLIC SPACES”
FOCUS: FRENCH CULTURE
Plovdiv 2019 Foundation, in partnership with French Institute Bulgaria, announces an open call for the flagship project Kapana Creative District. The call is for financial support of events and interventions in public spaces in Kapana with focus on French culture.
The open call is dedicated to projects proposals, inspired by and dedicated to French Culture, in the following fields:
- Artistic interventions in Public spaces, such as installations /sound and light design incl./, sculptures, objects, projections;
- Functional and decorative design in an urban environment, area specific and site-specific expression and identification of the district;
- Campaigns and acts, exhibitions, dance performances, theater, music, literature, cinema;
- Urban Gardening and gastronomy
The project proposals should comply with:
- The specific characteristics, the status, the history and the contemporary life of the district;
- The goals of the project to develop Kapana as an area for cultural and creative activity;
- The circumstances of the place for which they are suggested and designed;
- The audience which is targeted, as numbers and type;
- The ordinance on public order and security;
- The ordinance on trade activities.
The evaluation of the projects proposals will be done on the basis of the following criteria:
- High artistic value of the project/event;
- Clear and visible connection with French culture*;
- Contribution to the implementation of the goals of the Kapana Creative District Project
- Contribution to the development and the improvement of the urban environment
- Contribution for attracting and developing new audiences
- Inclusion of the citizens and the people living in the quarter in the realization of the project
* The “French culture” does not bind the partnership with a French-born artist, but this adds additional points to the project’s assessment.
Total budget of the open call – 35 000 BGN.
The deadline to apply is 29 September.
More information here.