East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Open Call: New Settings by Fondation d’entreprise Hermès - international programme dedicated to performing arts
Deadline: July 1, 2018
photo: Ola Maciejewska, "BOMBYX MORI" © Martin Argyroglo via www.fondationdentreprisehermes.org
With New Settings, the Fondation d’entreprise Hermès supports each year the creation and diffusion of new performance works. The chosen projects all feature crossovers of some kind or another: playing on the porosity of the boundary between performing arts and visual arts, their creators experiment with original and unusual forms.
The 2019 call for projects is open online from March 6 to 12 p.m. on July 1, 2018.
Please download: competition rules and conditions
New Settings supports hybrid performing arts projects rooted in potent dialogue with the visual and/or digital arts. The programme supports productions exploring innovative audience engagement and interaction, at the crossroads of artistic vocabularies and disciplines. Often, the supported projects take a fresh approach to the theatrical environment, developing new ways to make use of the space of the stage, objects, sound and the body.
The Fondation d’entreprise Hermès is committed to the highest artistic standards while remaining sensitive to artists’ needs in a spirit of complete openness to new theatrical forms. Selected projects will be supported through their production phase, until their presentation on selected dates proposed by the Foundation and its partner cultural institutions in Paris and the broader Paris region, for the autumn 2019 season.
The Fondation d’entreprise Hermès has formed a partnership with the French Institute / Alliance française (FIAF) to bring selected shows to the annual Crossing the Line Festival in New York, under the New Settings banner.
Your application must fulfil the following criteria:
- The visual arts dimension of the performing arts project must be dominant. To do this, the project can be:
- the result of a creative collaboration between one or several performing artists and one or several visual artists (in the framework of a new collaboration)
- a work by a performing artist or a visual artist, on condition that the author(s) is committed to:
- a piece that mixes performing arts and visual arts,
- a visual arts piece brought to the stage,
- a performing arts piece including a visual arts problematic.
- The author(s) can make use of digital technology.
- The project must propose new ways of working in the process of creating the piece and/or in its relationship to the public.
- The project must be designed for an audience of at least 100 people.
- The piece must be ready for its premiere between the months of January and December 2019.
- Performance art created for exhibition spaces is not eligible.
To find out more, please visit www.fondationdentreprisehermes.org/en/program/new-settings