East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Open Call: Open Forum of Experimental Physical Theaters of Belarus PlaStforma Minsk-2020
Deadline: 15 July 2019
Plasftorma invites collectives and individuals to take part in the 8th edition.
VIII Open Forum of Experimental Physical Theaters of Belarus "PlaStforma Minsk-2020" will take place in Minsk (Belarus) on March 16th-22th, 2020.
Physical and object theaters, theaters of pantomime, contemporary dance, Butoh dance, as well as critics, researchers and experts in the field of theatrical art are invited to participate.
The program will include Belarusian and foreign art projects, also discussions with experts, workshops with participants as well as educational program will take place during the festival.
Why participate in Plastforma
PlaStforma is a meeting point for professionals who are trying to unite people and change the world for the better through their creativity. All of us are united by work with the body and self-expression through the body, as well as the belief that bodily experience in art is of great value and with its help any person can develop his own awareness.
- Feedback from international experts and representatives of other festivals.
- Broad coverage of your projects in press, online media and social networks.
- Possibility to attend all events of the festival.
- Pleasant and creative atmosphere, useful and positive participation experience, communication with spectators, guests, performative community, critics and journalists.
- Accommodation: with a discount in hostel-partners or for free at festival friends’ apartments.
- Visa and registration support (an official invitation from the Belarusian side). Please note that for foreign citizens who arrive by air there is a 30-day visa-free regime. All foreign citizens staying in Belarus for more than five days require registration.
- Technical equipment (within our capabilities - we discuss additionally with each participant).
Unfortunately, due to the fact that PlaStforma is currently an independent art project, we can’t offer a compensation and reimbursement of transportation and other expenses. But we are searching for financial support together with our participants in different funds, cultural organisations and embassies.
We would also like to draw your attention to the fact that PlaStforma aims to establish new connections with urban communities this season. Therefore we urge those wishing to organize a joint project, volunteers and everyone ready to put their creative energy, efforts and knowledge into this event to send your ideas and offers with the mark "joint project" or "volunteering" to [email protected]
PlaStforma has been functioning for 7 years as a platform for interaction of various types of body performative arts: physical and object theater, pantomime and butoh dance, contemporary dance theater. During this period of time we have represented art projects from 14 countries, have mastered a lot of Minsk venues and have gathered a spectator audience of more than 2000 people.
We strive to ensure that PlaStforma functions all year round as a forum for various communities bearing some connection to performative arts. Therefore we organize various events throughout the year, introduce new event formats, expand the circle of friends, establish links with other festivals, cultural projects, urban communities. We are ready to provide informational and other possible support to fellow projects developing performative arts in Belarus.
15.07.2019 – open call ends.
31.07.2019 – results announcement.
To apply visit https://forms.gle/zyiueFQ6MfymFFQs7
If you have any questions write to [email protected]