East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Open call: YARAT residency (Baku, Azerbaijan)
YARAT Contemporary Art Space invites artists to apply for the residency programme of 2018. The programme is divided into three periods (January–April, April-July, September-December) and grants selected artists an opportunity to live and work in Baku for up to three months. Each period hosts two international and two local residents.
YARAT Residency is open for artists who are engaged in open, research-based practice across disciplines and show an interest in discovering the Caucasus region. The programme engages residents in discussions with fellow artists and international arts professionals, as well as travel around Azerbaijan. Artworks resulting from the residence are exhibited at the ARTIM Project Space, Baku. YARAT Residency programme is predominantly conducted in English.
YARAT Residency offers:
- Studio spaces in YARAT Studios that houses Azerbaijani artists
- Weekly meetings with artists and YARAT curators
- Monthly meetings with international arts professionals
The residency will cover the following:
- Visa services
- Roundtrip airfare to Baku, Azerbaijan
- Local transport from and to GYD airport
- An apartment for international residents to share
- Living stipend: 700 AZN per month (including local and international taxes)
- Production support up to 1,000 AZN (including local and international taxes)
The deadline to apply is 30 October. More details and info on how to apply here.