East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Short deadline - Theatertreffen International Forum: Open Call 2018
Deadline: 15 December 2017
This call is aimed at theatre makers up to the age of 35 from the fields of directing, acting, design, dramaturgy, writing, music, video, performance, choreography and other artistic disciplines. The International Forum is a 18 days scholarship programme organised by the Berliner Festspiele’s Theatertreffen and sponsors theatre makers from all parts of the world.
The International Forum is a two-week programme with an international call for applications. It is aimed at professional theatre makers up to the age of 35 years, whose artistic focus lies in the area of drama. The Forum sees itself as a platform for comprehensive theoretical and practical exchange. The International Forum 2018 will take place from 4 to 20 of May. The programme consists of workshops with artists invited to the Theatertreffen, the attendance of performances of Theatertreffen and Stückemarkt as well as the attendance of the further programme of the Theatertreffen. Participants will receive a grant.
Detailed information about the grant programme and applications for the International Forums 2018 can be found here:
International Forum: Open Call 2018 [PDF, 91 KB]
International Forum: Application form 2018 [PDF, 45 KB]
- Applicants should be no older than 35 years of age
- have several years of independent professional experience
- work in the theatre continually in a professional and creative capacity
- be available to participate for the entire period (4 to 20 May 2018)
- have an adequate working knowledge of German (at least B2, a certificate is necessary); Exceptions for non-German-speaking participants are possible exclusively at the suggestion of a Goethe-Institut
- have a good or very good knowledge of English, because a large part of the events will be held in English.
How to apply
Artists from all over the world may apply.
You must apply via one of the chosen institutions (see Open Call PDF).
The main local focus of your work determines to which institution you should make your application.
Deadline for applications: 15 December 2017