East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Spoffin OFF Street Arts Festival, 25-28.08.2016 (Amersfoort, Netherlands)
Spoffin OFF 2016
Spoffin OFF is the showcase part of the Spoffin Festival in Amersfoort (The Netherlands), an annual street arts festival with more than 30 performing acts from all over Europe, with a special focus on innovations from the northern, central and eastern regions.
In 2016 Spoffin takes place from Friday evening, August 26th through Sunday afternoon, August 28th. On Thursday evening, August 25 there is the opening event Spoffin Amuses, where 10-15 artists present a short excerpt of their performance.
Spoffin Festival consists of five parts:
- Spoffin IN: innovative outdoor and site-specific performances of professional artists (on invitation only)
- Spoffin OFF: showcase of new work and up-coming professional artists (selected after application)
- Spoffin PRO: international meeting of promoters, festival programmers, agencies, journalists and other professionals in the field of arts in public space (on invitation only)
- Spoffin LAB: a residency project supporting young theatre artists who are in the process of finishing a new project created for public space (streets, squares, parks, etc.). Selection after applicaton.
- Spoffin Amuses: opening event of the festival, where 10-15 artists present a short excerpt of their performance.
The programme for the 2016 edition consists of 165 shows, 32 productions, 17 countries and 17 premieres.
You can see the entire programme online here.