development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Ganna Veselovska - Theatrical critic, theoretician of theatre and contemporary arts
Ganna Veselovska is the head of Department in the lnstitute of Contemporary Art lssues at the National Academy of Arts of Ukraine and main research fellow in the National Centre of Theatrical Arts named after Les’ Kurbas.
- Kiev State Institute of Theatre Arts (now Kiev National University of Theatre, Cinema and TV), Faculty of Theatre and Drama - Master of Arts (1984)
- Institute of the Arts, Folklore and Ethnology National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine – Candidate of Sciences degree (Ph.D equivalent, 1989)
- Doctor of Sciences degree (2007); Kiev National University of Theatre, Cinema and TV – professor of Department of Theatre Theory and Criticism (2009)
- Junior research fellow, research fellow, senior research fellow Institute of Arts, Folklore and Ethnology National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (1989–2008)
- Head of Department of the institute of Contemporary Art issues National Academy of Arts of Ukraine (2008–to present)
- Research fellow, senior research fellow, main research fellow of the National Centre of Theatrical Arts named after Les’ Kurbas (2000 – to present)
Conducted lectures in:
- Introduction to Theater Theory
- History of Ukrainian Theater
- Seminar in Modern Ukrainian Theatre
- History of European Modern Theatre at Kiev National University of Theatre
- Cinema and TV and at the National Musical Academy of Ukraine named after P. Tchaikovsky
The most important projects:
Wrote books: “The 12 Performances by Les’ Korbas”; “The Theatrical Crosses of Kiev: 1900-1910. Theatrical Kiev’s Modernism”; “Ukrainian Theatrical Avant-garde”; “History of Ukrainian Theatre: from Genesis to Early 20th Century” (Programme for the course of lectures); “Fundamentals of Theatre Studies” (Programme for the course of lectures).
She has received the Award of National Union of Writers of Ukraine. She is member of the National Committee for the Schevchenko Prize.
- Member of department of theatre researchers of the International Theatre Institute
- Special festival guest at the International Festival “Kontakt” (Torun’, Poland) and the International Festival “Divadelna Nitra” (Nitra, Slovakia)
- Scientific curator of international workshops for young Ukrainian choreographers, playwriters and directors
- organized on the basis of the National Centre for Theatrical Arts named after Les Kurbas (Ukraine) and the Adam Mitzkevich Institute and Theatre Institute (Poland)