Восточноевропейская платформа перформативного искусства (EEPAP)
поддерживает развитие современного перформативного искусства
(танца и театра) в 18 странах Центральной и Восточной Европы.
International conference ARTS AND URBAN SPACE, Sofia, Bulgaria
EEPAP has a pleasure to announce that the international conference ARTS AND URBAN SPACE will take place in Sofia (American corner at Sofia City Library,4a Slaveykov Square) on 27th and 28th of September.
The conference is organized by Sofia Development Association, Art Office Sofia and EEPAP as a part of the series of international events that are taking place in Bulgaria in relation to the Sofia European Capital of Culture 2019 application.
It is an occasion to gather artists and experts from East and Central Europe to discuss diverse initiatives, experiences and ways of operating in the city space in the circle of people that come from various artistic or professional backgrounds and diverse social and political contexts. Among the invited guests there are theatre makers, visual artists and cultural operators from Bulgaria, Ukraine, Croatia, Romania, Moldova, Belarus, Georgia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Germany and Poland.
The panel discussions are open for the public. Join us in Sofia!
Arts and Urban Space:
27 September, Friday
- 09:30 - 10:00 - Registration
- 10:00 - 10:30 - Opening – Sofia Municipality and Sofia Development Association representatives
Panel 1:Cultural Landscape of the City Moderator: Asen Terziev
- 10:30 - 10:40 - BORIS BAKAL (HR) - From "Vitić Dances" to "Father Courage" – theatre projects and the context of the city
- 10:40 - 10:50 - GERGANA DIMITROVA (BG) - All you need is crazy team and a duct tape: the city as a multifunctional stage for stageless independent artists.
- 10:50 - 11:00 - VLADIMIR US (MD) - Forming public space through cultural action
- 11:00-11:10 - BORYANA ZAFIROVA (BG) - Outdoor events and performances. Mission possible
- 11:10-13:00 - Discussion
- 13:00-14:00 - Lunch break
Panel 2: City: a public or a private space? Moderator: Kalina Wagenstein
- 14:00 - 14:10 - TACIANA ARCIMOVIC (BY) - Independent theatre in Belarus today. Private as Public.
- 14:10 - 14:20 - KIRIL KUZMANOV (BG) - In/Visible Locations
- 14:20 - 14:30 - NATALIA VATSADZE (GE) - Between public and private - Apartment exhibitions by Group "Bullion"
- 14:30 - 14:40 - RADOSVETA KIROVA (BG) - Transform your public space
- 14:50 - 16:30 - Discussion
28th of September, Saturday
- 9:30 - 10:00 - Registration
Panel 3:Art in the City: for whom and why? Moderator: Vladiya Mihaylova
- 10:00 - 10:10 - YAVOR KOSTOV (BG) - From Conventional to Applied theatrе...and back
- 10:10 - 10:20 - MARTINA STEFANOVA (BG) - Converting the space under the Central Railway Station into a Center for Arts and Culture
- 10:20 - 10:30 - MAGDA MOSIEWICZ (PL) - Performing arts as political tool
- 10:30 - 10:40 - PRAVDOLUB IVANOV (BG) - Me, Myself and the Rest of Me on the Square
- 10:40 - 10:50 - IULIA POPOVICI (RO) - Critical democracy and false democratization in public space
- 10:50 -13:00 -Discussion
- 13:00-14:00 - Lunch break
Panel 4: City and its specific identity Moderator: Joanna Wichowska/EEPAP
- 14:00 - 14:10 - SAMO SELIMOVIĆ (BA) - Working with the local community and revitalizing specific urban areas in Ljubljana
- 14:10 - 14:20 -MYKOLA HOMANYUK (UA) - Kherson Experiences of Performing Art Interventions to the Urban and Rural Space
- 14:20 - 14:30- ANDRE ERLEN (DE) - "RAUS! OUT!" - a theatrical exit out of the wrong life
- 14:30 - 14:40 -NEDA SOKOLOVSKA (BG) - Verbatim theatre - new aspects of togetherness and social awareness.
- 14:40 - 14:50 -OKSANA DUDKO (UA) - City of Suburbs: Imagining New Urban Landscape of Lviv
- 14:50 - 16:30 -Discussion
- 16:30 - 18:00 - Closing session