Восточноевропейская платформа перформативного искусства (EEPAP)
поддерживает развитие современного перформативного искусства
(танца и театра) в 18 странах Центральной и Восточной Европы.
Call for Participants: International Forum at Theatertreffen 2017 by Berliner Festspiele
The International Forum is a two-week scholarship programme organised by the Berliner Festspiele’s Theatertreffen and sponsors theatre makers from all parts of the world. As a field for creative experimentation and a space for utopian thought, it provides performative and discursive exchange in an international context and endeavours to open hybrid spaces in which the boundaries between performing arts, visual arts and science become fluid. Engaging in forms of international cooperation is a defining element of this congregation of fellows.
This call is aimed at theatre makers up to the age of 35 from the fields of directing, acting, design, dramaturgy, writing, music, video, performance, choreography and other artistic disciplines.
The organisers are particularly interested in artists who feel committed to the theatre as a socially engaged art form and whose creative work sets out to find new aesthetic forms of expression, strategies of negotiation and superordinate narratives which will facilitate new ways for the theatre to encounter actual social reality. This Open Call is aimed equally at artists and actors from established institutions and artists and performers who work in independent contexts.
The scholarship normally includes:
- All costs of participation for the programme
- Tickets to theatre performances of the Theatertreffen and the Stückemarkt
- Travel expenses (depending on the country of origin, the costs for the use of the cheapest travel option possible, will be completely or partially covered, or no travel costs will be covered at all)
- Hotel accommodation with breakfast (excluding fellows resident in Berlin)
- Per diem (depending on the country of origin and with the exception of the fellows resident in Berlin)
- be no older than 35 years of age
- have several years of independent professional experience
- work in the theatre continually in a professional and creative capacity
- be available to participate for the entire period (5 to 21 May 2017)
- have an adequate working knowledge of German (at least B2, a certificate is necessary); Exceptions for non-German-speaking participants are possible exclusively at the suggestion of a Goethe-Institut.
The deadline to apply is 15 December.
More information: Theatertreffen website
Open call pdf here.