Восточноевропейская платформа перформативного искусства (EEPAP)
поддерживает развитие современного перформативного искусства
(танца и театра) в 18 странах Центральной и Восточной Европы.
Open call for applications: Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen (Austria)
Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen invites visual and media artists, art critics, theorists, and curators to apply for a fellowship in 2018–2019 (1 October 2018–2 June 2019). Candidates can apply for a five-month fellowship.
The closing date for submissions is 26 January 2018 (postmark).
With its Fellowship Program for Art and Theory, Büchsenhausen promotes internationally relevant artistic production, research, and discussion in the region of Tyrol. The program is based on the idea of generating and maintaining a context for production and discussion, in which artists and theorists can connect and reflect on international art and societal discourses in relation to local topics and issues. At the same time, it affords the opportunity for an artistic laboratory of experimentation, where new artistic practices and strategies may be tried out.
The program’s aims are:
• to promote and relay a critical, socially relevant production of knowledge in art and art theory;
• to produce, through the fellowship projects, qualified discourses on art and society within the local and global contexts;
• to enable the transfer of knowledge between the field of art and other public spheres outside the art context;
• to facilitate exchange between cultural producers in the visual arts and beyond (creating a network of experts).
The program combines the advantages of a residency with the possibilities of a postgraduate, non-university research and production fellowship on the basis of an open, non-formalized structure. In terms of content, the program addresses a worldwide public made up of professionals in the fields of contemporary art, architecture, art and media theory, and criticism.
• a money award of EUR 3,200;
• an individual studio for working and living, furnished with a large shared kitchen;
• a production budget for the realization of the submitted proposal;
• a budget for inviting experts to Büchsenhausen for the purpose of professional exchange;
• a budget for covering the own travel costs;
• the opportunity for a group exhibition at the end of the fellowship;
• free access to the ‘Lab’, the project/gallery space;
• free use of the available multimedia production equipment in the ‘Lab’;
• free Highspeed-DSL/WLAN Internet access;
• professional artistic advice;
• technical advice if required.
Professional visual/media artists, art theorists, art critics, and curators from all over the world are eligible for the fellowship.
The application must include a concrete work proposition. Work on the submitted proposal forms the core of each fellow’s activities during his/her stay in Büchsenhausen. A description of a series of public events intended to accompany the individual work during the duration of the fellowship (up to three events) is also an integral part of the working proposal. If the application is successful, the fellows are required to specify the details of the presentation series and carry out the proposed program.
The fellows commit themselves to be present at Büchsenhausen for the duration of the fellowship. Working knowledge of English is required.
More details and info on how to apply here.