Восточноевропейская платформа перформативного искусства (EEPAP)
поддерживает развитие современного перформативного искусства
(танца и театра) в 18 странах Центральной и Восточной Европы.
Contact Zones: Call for Under 35 Artists
Deadline: 28 January 2019
Contact Zones is an international and cross-disciplinary project:
its aim is creating contact and interaction between performing arts, urban spaces/non-conventional venue and people.
It takes place from 29/10/2018 to 29/02/2020.
The project aims to host artists Under 35 and to welcome them in our residencies helping the creation of new productions of site-specific projects that develop in dialogue with the urban space / unconventional venues and interact with the local population or specific social groups.
To give priority to multidisciplinary performances, the projects proposed can be: site-specific projects / projects of theater / contemporary circus / dance / music / visual art / street art.
We want to create a dialogue between the DIFFERENT FORMS OF ART and try to “destroy” the borders and the existing boundaries between ARTS.
We are looking for artists (individuals, companies or collectives) with these requirements:
- Under 35
- operating in contemporary performing arts.
The interested artists will have to propose a project to be created during our residencies.
We look for a site-specific project that can be created through one artistic residency and that proposes a free declination – in form and / or in contents – on the three keywords of the project: Crossbreeding / Boundaries / Trespassing.
ABOUT THE RESIDENCIES
We host four residencies where we will host the selected artists.
For the selected artists (singles, companies, collectives) the duration for each residency is of 07/15 days.
At the end there will be the opportunity to make a public presentation of the work done during the residency with a performance / event.
Some residencies are directly part of the festivals hosted by the partners
DO YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
You can propose a project that can be created through one of our artistic residency.
The project must follow some few requirements that are important for the aims of Contact Zones.
and that propose a free declination – in form and / or in contents – on the three keywords of the project: Crossbreeding / Boundaries / Trespassing.
- Artists must be under 35 (for companies 80% of the members must be Under 35 – it is considered Under 35 everyone turning 35 in 2019 or later, so everyone born in 1984 or later)
- The project must be designed for urban spaces and / or unconventional venues.
- It is very important to have an interaction and cooperation within the local community during the creation process (for example using stories from interviews with local communities and “staging”, or using voices recorded by local people who will become the soundtrack of a show specific, etc.)
- The project shall include a free declination – in forms and / or in contents – on the three keywords of the project: Crossbreeding / Boundaries / Trespassing.
ABOUT THE BUDGETS
Fee/ budget depends on the project proposed by the artist(s) and on the number of the artists involved in each project.
- for each group a suggested fee of 800 € / 1.000 €
Nota Bene: For special projects, the budget will be discussed with the host organization
The budget for travel expenses are to be agreed.
Find out more at www.contact-zones.eu