East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Call for Proposals: International Conference "Theatre Between Tradition and Contemporaneity" (Styria, Austria)
December 17 - 21, 2015
"Theatre Between Tradition and Contemporaneity" is the annual international multidisciplinary conference researching the Bridge between Tradition and Contemporaneity in performing arts.
Theatre - Dance - Music - Visual & Multimedia Art - Arts Administration - Performing Arts Training - Theatre Design & Technology
Performing arts in the era of constantly evolving technology - traditional forms of performing arts constantly reconsidered and reshaped by contemporary practitioners.
Performing arts traditions influencing, enhancing and co-mingling in contemporary performing arts processes and inspiring our artistic expression - what means "traditional" and "contemporary" for performers, artists and audience today?
Astonishing phenomena of arts appearing on the intersection of cultures, when the borders of countries become conditional - getting inspired by the unique connection and stepping beyond usual practices.
Traditions as the impulse to search for the universal “intercultural” language in contemporary performance and artistic expression.
Traditions as the inexhaustible source of inspiration for contemporary generation of artists and firm foundation for intercultural dialogue.
The conference meeting is highly recommended to performing arts practitioners and researchers from different countries interested in the traditional methods as applied to contemporary performing arts work, searching for international network opportunities and new collaboration partners: performing arts academics, arts educators and teachers, performers of various genres and techniques, theatre directors, dancers and choreographers, arts administrators and producers, musicians, stage designers costume designers, mask makers, multimedia artists, scriptwriters, playwrights, theatre critics and arts journalists.
You are welcome to take part as a Presenter/Speaker or a Participant/Observer.
The conference offers the unique opportunity:
- to exchange experience and share ideas in contemporary performing arts education and training, rehearsal process and performance practice;
- to demonstrate diverse methods and techniques in contemporary performing arts inspired and formed in the connection with the world traditional heritage;
- to meet colleagues from all over the world, establish new contacts and lay the foundation for future networking and collaboration in multicultural and multilingual artistic environment.
At the moment the conference is accepting presentation proposals. Find out more...
The conference is a wonderful opportunity for performers, performing arts educators and teachers to demonstrate their methods and techniques.
- practical workshop/master class
- work in progress/work demonstration
- performance fragment not requiring special technical conditions
- interactive talk/lecture/discussion
- photo/video demonstration
- exhibition, installation
- research presentation
- other way of demonstration proposed by Speaker/Presenter can be considered
The official arrival day is Thursday, December 17th from 13:00.
The conference opening begins at 19:00.
The departure day is Monday, December 21st at 9:00.
The nearest international airports are located in Graz and Vienna, Austria.