East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
International Summer Academy: Rock The Boat! Entrepreneurship and Leadership in the Performing Arts and Creative Industries (Bulgaria)
Application deadline: May 31st 2017
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER ACADEMY “ROCK THE BOAT! Entrepreneurship and Leadership in the Performing Arts and Creative Industries: International Trends and Local Specificity” NATIONAL ACADEMY FOR THEATER AND FILM ARTS (NATFA), Sofia, Bulgaria: 12 - 16 June 2017 Registration is now open!
NATFA is delighted to announce the first edition of the International Summer Academy “ROCK THE BOAT! Entrepreneurship and Leadership in the Performing Arts and Creative Industries: International Trends and Local Specificity”, taking place in Sofia, Bulgaria, 12-16 June 2017.
Aims of the summer academy
• To increase the awareness of participants about the importance of innovations and entrepreneurship in the cultural sector
• To increase the capacities of participants to be leaders of cultural projects and organizations in a strategic and international context
• To enhance the capacity of participants to apply business models, to create intrapreneurial climate in a cultural organization and to learn diverse methods of financing and fundraising
• To connect theoretical discourses with the Bulgarian and international cultural practices
• Day 1: Innovation in the Arts
• Day 2: Cultural Leadership: Trends and Needs. Teaching cultural management and leadership in the 21st century
• Day 3: Cultural Entrepreneurs: From the creative idea to the business model
• Day 4: European cultural cooperation, networking and policies
• Day 5: Economics, Marketing, Financing and fundraising for a creative idea
• Day 6-7: Optional: Choices for excursions outside of Sofia
• The summer academy consists of interactive presentations by highly recognized professionals in the field, followed by discussions and interactive work in smaller groups, as well as study visits to cultural institutions in the city of Sofia where NATFA has long-standing collaboration.
• Each session is a combination between theory and practical exercises such as: case study analysis, “fish bowl” exercises, role playing, etc.
• There is a strong emphasis on collaborative interactive work in order to encourage participants’ involvement and increase their teamwork skills.
Certificate of completion is issued by NATFA .No tests and assignments are envisaged for completion of the summer academy. Participants will have specific tasks to follow to help them combine theoretical discourses with study visits to cultural/creative organizations.
Team of mentors, presenters and consultants:
• Lidia Varbanova (acknowledged international consultant educator, coach and researcher);
• Sue Kay (cultural sector researcher, trainer and consultant);
• Daniela Urem (President of the Croatian Cultural Alliance)
• Tsveta Andreeva (expert and consultant in cultural policy of the South-East European region);
• Atanas Maev (manager and co-founder of Derida Dance Center, Bulgaria);
• Diana Andreeva (director of the Observatory of Cultural Economics)
• Miroslav Borshosh (cultural expert, producer, art manager, director of the National Palace of Culture);
• Nikolay Iordanov (theatrologist, research fellow at the Institute for Art Studies, director of the “Via Fest - ITF Varna Summer” Foundation ).
For whom is the summer academy?
We expect applicants from the field of academia, graduated students from all levels, cultural operators and professionals, emerging cultural leaders, representatives from international, national and local organisations, as well as anyone who might be interested in the topic.
The registration is now open! Application form here.
Application deadline and fee
The deadline for submitting and application is May 31st 2017.
Participation Fee - 380 EUR
Early Bird Registration: by April 1st, 2017 - 320 EUR
Participants are expected to cover their travel to Sofia and accommodation during the summer academy.
The working language of the academy is English.
Logistics and local organization: Vasilena Barzeva, e-mail: [email protected]
Contact person: Valeriya Zhivkova, e-mail: [email protected], Telephone +359 2 9231359,
Address: 108A Rakovsky str., Sofia, Bulgaria 1000