East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Job and Internship Opportunities at the European Theatre Convention in Berlin, Germany
The ETC is a pan-European non profit-making organisation representing the publicly funded theatre sector with over 40 members in 25 countries whose aims are: To create, protect and promote the art of theatre and its linguistic diversity in Europe and beyond; to act as transnational theatre collaboration network to foster cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue; to act as platform for professional exchange, development and capacity building of theatre makers in an international context; and to act as representation and advocacy network of the public theatre sector on EU, Member states and local level.
European Theatre Project & Network Coordinator
Berlin, Germany, Fulltime Freelancer, 1, March – 31, October 2016
Reporting directly to the General Secretary and the Board of Administrators, the European Theatre Project & Network Coordinator shall be responsible for the various elements of the job description listed below. The duties outlined are not exhaustive and the incumbent will be expected to undertake additional duties as reasonably directed by the General Secretary and the Board of Administrators.
The Berlin based European Theatre Project & Network Coordinator should have:
- A university degree or equivalent;
- At least 5 years’ experience in project & management in an European cultural environment;
- Fluent command of written and spoken English, French and German with a good writing style, additional European languages are an asset;
- A strong interest and knowledge in theatre and the culture sector and related issues;
- An understanding of the European institutions;
- Experience working in European affairs and/or with member associations;
- An analytical and strategic approach with a pro-active attitude;
- A positive and adaptable approach to problem solving;
- The ability to establish productive relationships with people at all levels;
- A high level of attention to detail and be highly organised;
- Good IT skills;
- Flexibility, also to travel internationally and work on weekends
- Organization and coordination of ETC’s annual international conferences, meetings, seminars and other workshops organized or co-organized by ETC in line with ETC’s work plan
- Project management of current and new international ETC projects incl. exchange and collaboration programs etc.
- Responsible to produce reporting of the above listed events, incl. all statutory and project activities to stakeholders
- Coordination of the daily work of the network secretariat under the supervision of the general secretary, and during her absence of the president and board of directors
- Responsible for funding and sponsoring activities, in particular EU grant applications and contracts related to ETC’s work plan
- Responsible for financial administration and liaison with accountants, bank and other suppliers in relation to the above mentioned activities
- to be part of a small, motivated and international team.
- an independent self-employed contract on a full time basis.
- fee and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
The position is granted on a limited freelance contract term for 8 months with a 4 weeks summer break from mid July to mid August and the possibility of renewal, subject to further funding. Start: March 1, 2016
Please send your application (motivation letter, CV, work examples and references) by email with « European Theatre Project & Network Coordinator » as subject to [email protected]. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held in Berlin on February 2, 2016. Contact person: Mrs. Heidi Wiley
Deadline for applications: January 15, 2016
European Theatre Project & Network Coordination Intern,
If you want to work in theatre and in a dynamic international arts organization, join our creative team at the Berlin office to gain valuable professional experience that relates and complements your studies!
If you have genuine interest and knowledge about theatre and Europe, have finished or are about to finalize your university degree in theatre, culture management, arts administration, European studies or other related fields, speak fluently English, German and possibly French, consider yourself a digital native, are able to quickly adapt and interact in a multilingual and multicultural working environment to support the ETC team in organizing international theatre conferences as well as with all ongoing international theatre projects from A to Z and to gain experience in network management, then apply now in sending your application (motivation letter, CV, possible work examples and references) by email to [email protected].
TIME PERIODS & MORE INFOS
In 2016 we have vacancies for the following periods:
Sept - November (3 months) on a full time basis.
The internship has to be part of your studies and provide you with orientation in your professional career development. Only enrolled students at higher education institutes can be considered. You receive a financial contribution of 554,40 EUR per month.
Contact: Heidi Wiley, phone 0049 30 284 41 460
Deadline of application: ongoing