East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Kostka Gallery: Open Call for Exhibition Projects in 2019 (Czech Republic)
Deadline: 19 August 2018
MeetFactory announces an open call for the submission of projects to complement the Kostka Gallery 2019 exhibition program.
The call is addressed to Czech as well as international authors active in the fine arts, architecture, design, stage design and related disciplines.
Kostka Gallery is characterized by its non-gallery typology and variable conditions influenced among other things also by weather change conditions. The Gallery premises, converted from what used to be the boiler room of a technical glass manufacturing works, are shaped as a Cube (Cube = Kostka in Czech). The space is neither heated in wintertime nor air conditioned in summertime, and it is not insulated against humidity.
The Call is addressed (although not exclusively) to authors of projects who can, thematically or technically, make a good use of the specific conditions offered by the Gallery premises and who succeed to incorporate the variability and coincidences of the Gallery’s environment in the creative process.
The authors are invited to send in their projects to be exhibited in the following periods:
Two to three different time slots, of 4-5 weeks standard duration, are available for the exhibition.
Thanks to the cooperation with MeetFactory´s AiR program, selected authors can use the opportunity of a 3-month residency prior to the exhibition in Kostka Gallery. The interest in connecting the exhibition with a residency stay should be clearly mentioned in the Project annotation.
Amenities provided by MeetFactory:
- basic installation assistance,
- financial coverage not exceeding EUR 1200 (including travel costs and fees). In case of financially more demanding projects, the artists and curators are recommended to consider applying individually for external grants.
- printing of exhibition postcards of A5 size,
- printing of curatorial texts in both Czech and English, including translation,
- the PR service (press release, social networks, printed programs, etc.)
The exhibition room is monitored by a camera system, and the Gallery is open daily from 1 PM till 8 PM.
- project annotation (1–2 standard pages),
- visualization or illustrational visuals of the project (PDF/ jpeg/ web),
- brief budget proposal (If the proposed budget exceeds 1200 EUR, please include project’s extra cost),
- artist’s and/or curator's portfolio with an updated CV up to max. 10 pages.
Find out more at www.meetfactory.cz