East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Open Call: Actors of Urban Change
Deadline: September 21, 2019
Do you have an idea to change your city? Do you want to work together with partners from different sectors? Would you like to learn from, exchange with and be inspired by changemakers from other European cities? If so, apply now to become an Actor of Urban Change!
Actors of Urban Change is a community-driven, international goodpractice network. We promote sustainable urban development in Europe, and believe in creating a culture of co-creation as a driving force for positive change. To do this, we foster collaboration between actors from the non-profit, public and private sectors.
Who is it for?
Our program is open to residents of all 47 Council of Europe member states, Kosovo and Belarus who:
- Work in the nonprofit, private or public sector
- Apply as a local team with a joint project proposal for their city
- Want to develop their skills in cross-sectoral collaboration and participatory urban development
- Are able to attend four international network meetings (lasting 3-4 days each) over a period of 18 months
- Have good command of English
The project you apply with needs to address a current challenge or need related to sustainable urban development in your city, such as affordable housing, energy and climate change, mobility, social inclusion, circular and sharing economies, and so on. We’re specifically interested in projects that focus on one of these questions:
- How can nature-based solutions make our cities better places?
- How can communities be activated to co-shape their urban environments?
- How can neglected spaces be re-imagined as vital and conscious hubs for cities under pressure?
Your project should be relevant to the local area/neighborhood it is based in, be innovative compared to other initiatives in your city, and involve the local community.
What do we offer?
We offer financial support to kickstart your local project, a safe space to try out new ideas, as well as international training as part of our network of 100 urban changemakers across Europe. Selected teams receive up to 13,000 Euros in grants, including:
- Activity grants to implement your project of up to 6,000€
- Capacity grants for expert support and consultancy of up to 4,000€
- Travel grants to learn from other cities in our network of up to 3,000€
In addition, we will reimburse all travel expenses for four international network meetings as well as selected workshops and study visits.
To find out more, please visit www.actorsofurbanchange.org