East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Open call for applications: Bora Bora Residency Centre, Denmark
From the organisers:
Bora Bora Residency Centre welcomes proposals from professional dance artists for projects to be researched and/or developed in season 2019-20 (August 2019 to June 2020). There are up to 6 residencies open to professional dance artists or dance ensembles or stage directors with a strong choreographic idea from all over the world.
It is only possible to apply for residencies and other opportunities with Bora Bora Residency Centre through our application form based on open calls.
Residencies may be for the following purpose(s)
– Early developing and exploration of an artistic idea
– Explore a completely new direction of your artistic work to change direction of your career as an artist
Bora Bora Residency Centre selects the residents through a focus on artistic quality, depth and innovation. We also welcome artists who want to interact with the host (partner venues or folk high schools) and the local audiences. We will prioritize research residencies at this time.
We customize each residency after an analytic dialogue to explore your artistic focus in the residency and secure that the residency design supports this focus.
If selected Bora Bora Residency Centre will provide
– 2-3 weeks studio time with one of our Danish co-hosts/partners
– Travel covered
– Accommodation provided for up to 4 artists/collaborators
– A fee of 875 euro per week per artist
– Communication services as part of the Bora Bora Community with online artists database, listing in newsletter and follow up listings about future residencies, co-production and premieres in the years to come
If required, we can also provide
– Feedback from in house dramaturgs
– Feedback from external mentor/outside eye
– In house tech support
– Cooperation with external partners within the field of new technology, education, research and outreach
As a resident at Bora Bora Residency Centre we request you to
– Deliver a class or workshop for the local students or artists
– Interact with the local dance community or audience through a sharing or talk about your work
– Contribute with info on your work for our website and newsletter
– Include the Bora Bora Residency Centre on all future publicity materials relating to the work resulting from your residency
– Give feedback to us on the process of your residency
The deadline to apply is 1 February, 16.00 (Copenhagen time)
More details and the application form can be found here.