East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Open Call: Dance Film Development Lab during Bucharest International Dance Film Festival
Deadline: 22 July 2018
STORIES IN MOVEMENT
DANCE FILM DEVELOPMENT LAB
3 - 9 SEPT 2018, BUCHAREST
Bucharest International Dance Film Festival invites dance film creators from Romania, Moldavia, Ukraine, Serbia, Bulgaria and Hungary to apply for a brand new dance film lab, focused on the development of a dramaturgical structure and a clear artistic approach for future dance films.
The lab will help dance filmmakers to further improve their initial idea in workshop sessions with choreographer and filmmaker Helena Jonsdottir (IS) and dance dramaturge and writer Guy Cools (BE) and focus groups coordinated by film producer Anamaria Antoci (RO) and film consultant Alex Traila (RO).
In order to strengthen the connections between the regional creative industries in dance and film, the lab will also be comprised of a series of speed networking and feedback sessions with international specialists in both domains and will conclude in a final pitching session presentation of the future films. Best pitch will be rewarded with a 700 EUR award, offered by the Romanian Cultural Institute.
- Deadline for applications: 22 July 2018
- Application form: goo.gl/kfgL79
- Workshop fee: 200 EUR
- More info: [email protected] / www.bidff.ro
ELIGIBILITY, CONDITIONS AND FACILITIES
- You can participate to the workshop only if you are a choreographer or a filmmaker, based in Romania, Moldavia, Ukraine, Serbia, Bulgaria or Hungary.
- You can apply only through our online application form and with one idea only. Make sure you fill in all the fields and upload your biography.
- Participants should have reached the age of 18 at the time of submitting the application.
- If selected the participants will have to cover the fee of 200 EUR and support their own transportation. The festival will provide accommodation in Bucharest and free entrance to all the events of the festival. If needed, the festival can offer letters of support for the selected participants, that might help them apply for extra funding in their own countries.
- In case the future film has more authors, we can offer accommodation for only one of them, but we can provide free access to the lab and all the events of the festival for other team members.
- Participation for the entire period of the lab is mandatory. Arrival date is 3 Sept 2018 and departure date is 10 Sept 2018.
- All participants are eligible to receive the 700 EUR award, as a result of the pitching session scheduled on the 9th of September.
- Other awards can be offered by partners and sponsors of the festival. These awards will be offered only if the pitched ideas are alligned with the interest of our invited programmers and producers.
- While in Bucharest, the organisers can facilitate meetings with other proffessionals in order to better connect with the local artistic community.
Find out more at www.bidff.ro