East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Open Call: European Media Art Platform (EMAP) / European Media Artists in Residence Exchange programme (EMARE)
Deadline: 20 January 2018
Applications are now open for next year’s European Media Art Platform (EMAP) / European Media Artists in Residence Exchange programme (EMARE), aiming to enable European artists to collaborate on projects and create closer bonds between European media organisations. Media Artists in the fields of digital media, including Internet and computer-based artists, filmmakers, and those working in media based performance, sound, or video are encouraged to apply.
Applicants for these two-month residencies are required to have European residence, or a European passport, and artists of all ages are encouraged to apply (however students are not permitted).
Applications will be accepted until 20 January 2018, 12.00 Central European Time. The EMARE placement includes a grant of 3,000 Euros, project budget of 4,000 Euros, free accommodation, travel expenses up to 500 Euros, free access to the technical facilities and media labs within or associated with the host institution, consultations with production and market experts and an opportunity to deliver a public facing professional presentation as well as the option to participate in exhibition tours at our members festivals in 2018 – 2021 (but with no presentation fees).
All selected artists will be invited for a networking kick-off conference 23 – 25 March 2018 in Helsinki.
The residencies will take place at the following institutions:
- Ars Electronica Center, Linz, Austria www.aec.at
- Bandits-Mages, Bourges, France www.bandits-mages.com
- FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology), Liverpool, United Kingdom www.fact.co.uk
- IMPAKT, Utrecht, Netherlands www.impakt.nl
- Kontejner, Zagreb, Croatia www.kontejner.org
- LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial, Gijón, Spain www.laboralcentrodearte.org
- m-cult, Helsinki, Finland www.m-cult.org
- Onassis Cultural Centre, Athens, Greece www.sgt.gr
- RIXC, Riga, Latvia www.rixc.org
- WRO Center for Media Art Foundation, Wroclaw, Poland www.wrocenter.pl
- Werkleitz Centre for Media Art, Halle (Saale), Germany werkleitz.de (lead organisation)
Applications should be submitted online and must include a CV, (audio)-visual documentation, and a preliminary plan or sketch of the proposed project to be developed within the EMARE programme. Artists with residence in, or an identity card originating within, Europe can submit their proposals here: www.emare.eu or call.emare.eu