East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Open Call: Rotterdam International Duet Choreography Competition 2020
Deadline: March 1, 2020
The third edition of the RIDCC will take place on 11 - 13 June 2020 at Theater Rotterdam. RIDCC accepts only duets with minimum 7 – maximum 12 minutes length. Please read the requirements on our website closely to have your entry accepted: http://www.ridcc.com/info/requirements/
After a succesful first edition in 2018 & 2019 the Rotterdam International Duet Choreography Competition is back! The competition gives choreographic talent the opportunity to present itself for a renowned jury. There are several prizes to be won, including an audience award and the possibility to make productions at one of the participating partner companies. The main prize consists of a production budget of € 100,000. RIDCC is an initiative of Maya Roest and Mischa van Leeuwen, both experienced dancers at Scapino Ballet Rotterdam: “We want to use our expertise to create opportunities for talented makers and give the dance world a new impulse“.
Registration for RIDCC 2020 is open until March 1, 2020. Admission to the competition is subject to the pre-jury consent. The selected choreographers and dancers will receive an invitation by 1 April 2020 at the latest. Read the requirements for more info.
- choreographers may participate in the competition with a duet piece (a max of two performers on stage)
- presented either as a premiere or hasn’t been performed on stage for the first time before March 2018
- the performance can’t be longer than 12 minutes
- there is no entrance fee
- competitors are obliged to be available for performances and lighting rehearsals on 10 June 2020 and on the three festival days from 11-13 June 2020
The XL Production Award
- submit a short projectplan and target planning for the XL production, in collaboration with the production house
- the main prize is € 100.000
- the XL Production Award is meant to stimulate the Dutch dance field in an international context. Therefore we want to stimulate that all of the dancers/cast participating in the production should live in the Netherlands at the moment of the production
- Auditions will be held at Theater Rotterdam
Find out more on https://www.ridcc.com/register/