East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Open Call for Short Dance Films & Scripts in Development: BIDFF - Bucharest International Dance Film Festival (4-8 September 2019)
Deadline: 21 July 2019
OPEN CALL FOR SHORTS & SCRIPTS IN DEVELOPMENT
BIDFF - BUCHAREST INTERNATIONAL DANCE FILM FESTIVAL (4-8 SEPTEMBER 2019)
DANCE FILMS, MUSICALS
Bucharest International Dance Film Festival invites film directors, choreographers, visual artists, animators and musicians to submit their short films and/or feature film scripts in development to the fifth edition of the festival.
BIDFF is becoming bigger and more diverse. Besides our regular international and national competition dedicated to short dance films, this year we have opened a new competitional category for musicals. Moreover, we highly encourage you to apply if you have a movement themed animation or if you have a film that is centered on the concept of embodiment. The competition is dedicated only to short films and the board will take into considerations fiction, documentary and musical films, that either use movement to explore an idea, either speak about issues related to the body and the world of dance.
Starting with this edition, the events dedicated to professionals are part of E X P A N D. The E X P A N D industry platform includes the Script Development Lab, looking for creators that have scripts for feature or medium-length films in the first phase of development.
BIDFF awards excellence, novelty and courage in filmmaking, with a prize pool of 3000 euro.
Short Film Competition
deadline: July 21
We are looking for:
- films of maximum 20 minutes, produced in the last 2 years, in the genres of dance film (fiction, animation, experimental or documentary) about body/dance;
- musicals of maximum 20 minutes, produced in the last 5 years;
- with a minimum quality of Full HD (1920 x 1080);
We are not looking for:
- music videos, trailers or recordings of performances, films already submitted in the previous years to BIDFF, 1-minute films, commercials;
- cash awards for Best International Film (1000 euro), Best Romanian Film (500 euro) and Best Musical (500 euro);
- subsidies for accommodation and partial travel subsidies for all selected artists living outside of Bucharest;
About the application:
- deadline for submissions is July 21, 2019 at 4 PM (Central European Time);
- all applicants will be informed about the outcome of their submission by August 10, 2019;
- each director may submit a maximum 2 films in the competition.
BIDFF dedicated platform: https://form.jotform.com/91588220949266
FilmFreeway platform: https://filmfreeway.com/BucharestInternationalDanceFilmFestival
! Don't apply with the same film on both platforms.
July 21st 2018