East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Association Divadelná Nitra, Slovakia together with its partners
Zbigniew Raszewski Theatre Institute, Poland
Trafó – House of Contemporary Arts, Hungary
Arts and Theatre Institute, Czech Republic
The Theatre Institute Bratislava, Slovakia
East European Performing Arts Platform, Poland
Visual and Performing Arts Centre ART CORPORATION, Belarus
Center for Cultural Projects Azart, Moldova
Theatre Union of the Russian Federation, Russian Federation
announce an open call for young theatre critics from
VISEGRAD GROUP, EASTERN PARTNERSHIP & WESTERN BALKAN COUNTRIES
and RUSSIAN FEDERATION
to take part in the [email protected] CRITICS RESIDENCY 2019.
6-days creative residency at the Divadelná Nitra International Theatre Festival 2019 offers up-and-coming young theatre professionals aged 35 or under a platform for in-depth exchange about contemporary performing arts.
27 SEPTEMBER 2019 - 3 OCTOBER 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31 JULY 2019
The project partners will nominate 2 applicants from each eligible country to the main organizer based on the selection criteria below. The Association Divadelná Nitra will select and will announce a maximum of 18 participants. The rest of nominated applicants will be substitutions.
[email protected] CRITICS RESIDENCY enables participants to watch and discuss performances of the 28th edition of the Divadelná Nitra International Festival under the leadership of international lector, to meet theatre professionals from Europe, and to take part in debates with artists, critics who are attending the festival. The name of the lector will be announced in July.
The participants will be also tasked to prepare and make a presentation about the current situation in the performing arts scene in their country at the public Residency talk which is part of the accompanying festival programme.
After the festival, the participants are requested to publish an article which shall take the form of review about the Divadelná Nitra productions.
The preliminary programme of the festival is HERE.
The full festival programme will be published in July on www.nitrafest.sk.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit an application form (scroll down for the document) and your professional bio in English language to the project partner in your country:
Slovakia / Association Divadelná Nitra / Diana Selecká / [email protected]
Czech Republic / Arts and Theatre Institute / Martina Pecková Černá / [email protected]
Hungary / Trafó – House of Contemporary Arts / Beáta Barda / [email protected]
Poland / Zbigniew Raszewski Theatre Institute / Edyta Zielnik / [email protected]
Eastern Partnership & Western Balkans / EEPAP / Anna Strzałkowska / [email protected]
Moldova / Center for Cultural Projects AZART / Rusanda Curca / [email protected]
Belarus / ART CORPORATION / Alexandra Danilevich / [email protected]
Russia / Theatre Union of the Russian Federation / Olga Perevezentseva / [email protected]
DEADLINE: 31 JULY 2019
- Professional theatre critics up to 35 years of age (priority will be given to applicants who already pursue their professional carriers, not students)
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- Motivation letter (interested to improve his / her presentation skills, critical reflection skills, and analysis of a theatre production)
- Citizen of one of the countries involved in the project (Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Ukraine)
The selected participants will receive:
- The opportunity to follow the 28th edition of the Divadelná Nitra International Festival, the most important international festival in Slovakia renowned in Central and Eastern Europe
- Tickets to all festival productions of the main programme and access to accompanying events
- Accommodation for 6 nights including breakfast
- Lunches during their stay at the Festival
- Reimbursement of travel costs to Nitra (the most economical means of transport)
Project [email protected] CRITICS RESIDENCY is supported by the Visegrad Fund and the Slovak Arts Council.
Residency is supported using public funding by Slovak Arts Council.
PROJECT COORDINATOR: JAN BALAJ ([email protected])