East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Pact Zollverein residencies: dance and performance arts
From the organisers:
Running all year round since 2002, the residency programme is at the heart of PACT Zollverein’s day to day work. Open to professional artists from home and abroad who work in the areas of dance, performance, media arts or music and closely linked to PACT’s two other core strands of activity in presenting work and facilitating research and development, the programme is a key element in PACT Zollverein’s profile as an Artists’ House supporting lively exchange between practice and theory.
While occupying their own designated space and essentially working independently, residents may choose to take advantage of various kinds of production support such as dramaturgy, technical assistance, project management as well as press and publicity.
Thanks to the support of the Ministry for Culture and Science of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, residency recipients receive a grant to cover their living expenses and travel costs.
Residences are awarded twice a year by an international jury. A residency project will not have a public showing.
A residency incorporates the following:
- Studio space (from 69 to 173 sq. m.)
- Local accommodation (max. 5 people)
- Period of min. 2 weeks
- Weekly grant allowance for all of the residency project participants (max. 5 people)
- Travel costs covering one journey only per participant to and from PACT Zollverein (max. 5 people)*
- Technical equipment (by arrangement and subject to availability)
- Professional technical support (by arrangement and subject to availability)
- Professional advice in: Project funding, project management, press and public relations
*Essentially, the least environmentally harmful means of transport available should be chosen.
The deadline to apply for 2020 residencies is 19 December. More details and info on how to apply here.