East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Playing the City: Community Arts Lab (Lublin, Poland)
From the organisers:
Playing the City – Open Call | Community Arts Lab
Workshops of Culture in Lublin are running an open call for artists-in-residence projects within Community Arts Lab. We are looking for people with ideas for projects which enter into surprising, humorous, creative, unusual and/or experimental interactions with the public space and its users.
Community Arts Lab (CAL) is an interdisciplinary international residence programme run by Ludic Arts and Culture Department at Workshops of Culture in Lublin. CAL focuses on activities that rediscover and reclaim public spaces. We want to make our audience interested in undiscovered places and in the history of their surroundings and to make them aware of the important role society plays in creating and “reclaiming” public spaces. We also want to provoke our audience to think about public spaces in unusual ways.
“Playing the city” is CAL’s new guiding principle starting from 2018. We see the public space as a platform for social dialogue, a lab for researching, playing, testing and experimenting. How have our surroundings changed over the years and how can we shape, discover and reclaim them? Through our activities we want to ask questions about the relationship between citizens and surroundings and about our rights and duties in relation to the public space.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- People over 18 years of age, regardless of gender, nationality, profession or field of activity.
- People who have ideas for projects which correspond to the objectives of Community Arts Lab and those which enter into surprising, humorous, creative, unusual and/or experimental interactions with the public space and its users.
- We hope to see applications from people active in culture and art fields, but we do not exclude other groups. Everyone is welcome to submit their ideas if they fit our criteria.
- We accept applications from individuals and groups (max. 2-3 people).
- WE OFFER
- Reimbursement of travel costs (only upon the presentation of tickets or travel documents)
- Reimbursement of visa payments (only upon the presentation of a proof of payment or the passport copy of the visa, including the price paid)
- A scholarship totaling 3000 PLN (gross)
- Accommodation in a flat (may be shared with other artists-in-residence)
- Reimbursement of the costs of materials essential for the implementation of the projects, up to 2000 PLN
- Technical support, help with the logistics and operation of the activities
- WE DO NOT PROVIDE
- reimbursement of the costs of any additional insurance
- reimbursement of the costs of stay for companions and pets
The deadline to apply is 9 February. More details and info on how to apply here.