East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Reminder: Submissions for Aerowaves Twenty19 Artists are open
From the organisers:
Aerowaves are on the hunt again for the next Twenty talented emerging choreographers based in geographical Europe.
You can now apply to become one of our Twenty19 artists with a chance of having your work programmed at Spring Forward Festival next year in Val de Marne (France) and by our partners. Around 100 performance opportunities are guaranteed by the partners and supported by Aerowaves each year.
- You must be resident in Europe to apply
- You may apply with only one work per year
- The work you are submitting must have been produced in geographical Europe
- Your work must be 15-40 minutes in length
- Your work must be finished and have been presented to the public - work in progress, studio sharings or rehearsal footage are not eligible
- Your work should be easily included in a double or triple bill and have simple technical requirements
- You may not apply with work made within the framework of full or part time dance education, for a BA, MA, PhD or any other qualification offered by an institution or group of institutions. An exception may be made if it can be shown the work has entered the professional arena - contact [email protected] if this applies to you.
- You must fill in the Aerowaves application form correctly, upload your video to Vimeo, providing us with the link and the password if necessary and enabling 'download' in the settings (so we can download it) - also include a 100 word artist statement in the description box (this can include factual and contextual information)
- Previous Aerowaves applicants, successful or unsuccessful, may apply again - but you cannot apply with the same work twice
- You must be prepared to perform for expenses and a small fee, based on a guideline amount of €200 per person travelling, per performance when undertaking performances with Partners supported by Aerowaves
- For Spring Forward, expenses are paid and fees are based on €100 per person travelling, per performance, in recognition of the additional promotional value of the festival
The deadline to apply is 14 September. Details here.