East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Residencies at YARAT Contemporary Art Space (Baku, Azerbaijan)
YARAT Contemporary Art Space invites artists to apply to a renewed residency programme for 2016 based in Baku.
Each residency lasts three months. There will be three residency ‘periods’ available across the year, each of which will include a group of approximately ten artists.
The YARAT RESIDENCY PROGRAMME is intended for artists who are engaged in open, research-based practice across disciplines and show an interest in discovering the Caucasus region. The programme will allow residents to develop their work and to share a dialogue with a range of other artists, curators and collectors. YARAT RESIDENCY PROGRAMME will be predominantly conducted in English.
EACH YARAT RESIDENCY PERIOD OFFERS
- Studio space, accommodation and a stipend for the duration of the residency.
- A one-week international trip with all residents and curators to actively engage in research and discussions. Possible examples include a visit to Kazakhstan or Turkey.
- Monthly workshops with international curators.
- Workshops presenting opportunities to apply for prizes and other residencies.
- Weekly meetings with YARAT curators.
- Weekly artist meetings.
Each artist will close residency with a small scale solo exhibition at ARTIM Project Space.
YARAT opens all its facilities to the residents of residency programme. YARAT has well established infrastructure such as: YARAT Office, YARAT Centre, YARAT Studious and ARTIM Project Space. These places have all needed facilities to boost productive work atmosphere.
The deadline for applications is 20 December. More information and details on how to apply here.