East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Spoffin OFF Street Arts Festival, 28-30.08.2015 (Amersfoort, Netherlands)
Spoffin OFF is the showcase part of the Spoffin Festival in Amersfoort (The Netherlands), an annual street arts festival with more than 30 performing acts from all over Europe, with a special focus on innovations from the northern, central and eastern regions.
In 2015 Spoffin takes place from Friday evening, August 28th through Sunday afternoon, August 30th. On Thursday evening, August 27 there is the opening event Spoffin Amuses, where 10-15 artists present a short excerpt of their performance.
Spoffin Festival consists of five parts:
- Spoffin IN: innovative outdoor and site-specific performances of professional artists (on invitation only)
- Spoffin OFF: showcase of new work and up-coming professional artists (selected after application)
- Spoffin PRO: international meeting of promoters, festival programmers, agencies, journalists and other professionals in the field of arts in public space (on invitation only)
- Spoffin LAB: a residency project supporting young theatre artists who are in the process of finishing a new project created for public space (streets, squares, parks, etc.). Selection after applicaton.
- Spoffin Amuses: opening event of the festival, where 10-15 artists present a short excerpt of their performance.
Both the Spoffin IN and OFF performances are programmed on squares, streets, parks and some specific sites in the mediaeval city centre of Amersfoort. The festival facilitates interaction and possibility for meetings amongst performers and professionals both informal and organized.
The programme for the 2015 edition consists of 106 shows, 30 productions and 11 premieres.
You can see the entire programme online here.