“Visual and Performing Arts Centre” is a detached legal organization established with a support of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Belarus and PLC "Belagazprombamk".
The main aim of the Centre's activity today is to enliven and reform cultural space in Belarus.
Such important cultural centers have already existed for many years since they are indispensable for the personality's all-round development, self-improvement and self-enrichment.
The Centre is a unique structure in our country.
Belarusian and international projects such as theatre productions, workshops, residences, presentations, exhibitions and installations as well as educational programs are carried out within the framework of the Centre’s activity.
Advantages of the Centre
- Professional connections and contacts world-wide
- High level of professionalism and education in the sphere of cinema and theatre
- Knowledge of Belarusian and foreign cultural space and market
- creation of the platform for knowledge exchange between Belarusian and European contemporary artistic spaces;
- cultural exchange within creative cooperation
- cultural exchange by means of educational programs and workshops;
- accumulation of creative potential of young professionals within particular cultural projects
- experiments on the line of tradition and innovation
- working-out of knowledge and skills necessary for the creative process in the newly developed space
- implementation of new technical means of expression into the traditional theatre forms
- creation of international contact network in the sphere of theatre and cinema
Within the theatre sphere:
- organization of International Theatre Forum TEART
- educational workshops, master-classes with the participation of theatre directors, sound engineers, choreographers from all over the world
- Project Theatre which for the moment is presented by joint Polish-Belarusian youth project and performance based on the novel by the classic of Belarusian literature V. Karatkevich
Within the cinema sphere:
- organization of Minsk International Film Festival Listapad
- educational workshops with directors, play writers and producers within Listapad Film Festival. In 2013 year a new area of activity was created – workshops for the students of Belarusian State Academy of Arts followed by screenings of student works and discussions with the participation of invited professionals. Such events represent the first attempt to create professional platform for young cinematographers which could become regular.
- Project “Week of Japanese movies”
- Museum exhibition “Theatrical and Musical Life in Nesvizh Castle”, “Theatre Hall” in the Palace ensemble of XVI–XIX cc. in Nesvizh
Areas for strategic development
- experimental creative laboratory for the creation of new cultural projects
- communication platform for discussions and exchange of opinions on the most acute questions in the sphere of culture and arts and their place in the contemporary society
- educational centre for further training of specialists in the sphere of theatre, cinema and visual arts
Art Corporation is EEPAP's partner organisation.