East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Jiří Kadeřábek - Composer
Jiří Kadeřábek was born in the Czech Republic, where he from an early age composed jazz, rock and pop music, and even created literary and visual works. In his work, Kadeřábek utilizes numerous compositional techniques and incorporates fragments of historical music as well as pop, rock and jazz. He also works with recorded sound and theatrical elements which he integrates into his musical structure.
Kadeřábek has won a host of international composition competitions and his works have been commissioned and performed by the BBC Symphony Orchestra, Czech Radio Symphony Orchestra, Prague Philharmony, New Juilliard Ensemble, Fourbythree, Ostravská Banda among others. He has also composed for film and theater.
Currently working in Prague and New York.
Most important projects:
- BBC Symphony Orchestra, Barbican Centre, London
- New Juilliard Ensemble, MoMA Summergarden, New York
- Music with a View, Flea Theater, New York
- Shipley Arts Festival Composition Competition (2010)
- Antonín Dvořák Composition Competition (2010)
- Zenith Composers Competition (2009)
- International Cimbalom Festival Composition (2008)
- Czech Radio Composition Competition (2006)