East European Performing Arts Platform (EEPAP) supports the
development of contemporary performing arts (dance and theatre)
in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Jeton Neziraj - Playwright, artistic director
Currently working for Qendra Multimedia - Prishtina.
Jeton Neziraj is a playwright and the Artistic Director of the National Theatre of Kosovo. He has written over fifteen plays, which have been staged and presented in Kosovo, around Europe and in the USA.
His plays have also been translated to several languages (German, English, French, Spanish, Romanian, Slovenian, Bulgarian, Serbian ect). His play, "Liza is sleeping" won first prize in a national competition for Albanian plays, organized by the Publishing House "Buzuku," and premiered in the National Theatre of Kosovo in 2007.
He has authored dozens of essays about theatre, which have been published in local and international newspapers and magazines. Jeton Neziraj has written several books, including a book on the famous Kosovan actor Faruk Begolli.
He is the founder and leader of the theatre company Multimedia Center, focusing on contemporary theatre.
As a playwright, Jeton Neziraj has worked with theatres and companies such as: the National Theatre of Kosovo (Prishtina – Kosovo), the National Theatre of Macedonia (Bitola – Macedonia), the International Theatre Festival MESS, the Albanian National Theatre (Skopje – Macedonia), the National Theatre (Gjilan – Kosovo), the Nomad Theatre (London- UK), the Markus Zohner Theatre Company (Lugano – Switzerland), L'Espace d'un instant (Paris – France), Gare au Théâtre (Paris – France), the Oda Theatre (Prishtina- Kosovo), Gledališče Glej (Ljubljana – Slovenia), Multimedia Center (Kosovo) etc.
Neziraj’s plays have been performed in many important theatre festivals in Europe (FIT, Protected territory, ...) . His new play, “The Demolition of the Eiffel Tower” was first publically presented in France at the “Fabrique Ephéméride” on 28 May 2010.
List of some of Neziraj’s staged plays:
- "The Demolition of the Eiffel Tower" - Gerald W. Lynch Theater – (New York - USA)
- "The Demolition of the Eiffel Tower" –National Theater of Sarajevo / MESS International Theater Festival – (Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- "Patriotic hypermarket" (co-author) – Bitef Theater / Kulturanova/ Qendra Multimedia / CTC - (Novi Sad, Belgrade, Skopje, Prishtina)
2009 – 2010:
- "War in Times of Love" – 2010, Yale Drama Coalition (USA)
- “The Demolition of the Eiffel Tower” 2010, Fabrique Ephéméride (Paris, France)
- "The Odyssey Project" - (co-author with Sebastien Joanniez (France), Sigtryggur Magnason (Iceland), Joel Horwood (England), Ozen Yula (Turkey), Nikolai Khalezin (Belarus) - The Internationalists - (New York - U.S.A)
- “The General of the Dead Army” (adaptation of the Ismail Kadare novel) –Albanian Theatre – (Skopje, Macedonia)
- “An American tune” – (co-author) National Theatre of Macedonia (Bitola, Macedonia)
2007 – 2008:
- "Punch and Judy Murder Love" – (co-author) 2008, Theatre of Prizren (Prizren, Kosovo)
- "The Bridge" – 2007, Center for Children’s Theatre Development (Prishtina, Kosovo) & 2008, Children’s Theatre Center (Skopje, Macedonia)
- "Liza is Sleeping" – 2007, National Theatre of Kosovo (Prishtina, Kosovo)
- "War in Times of Love" – 2008, Nomad Theatre (UK)
- "The Last Supper" – 2007, Multimedia Center & Markus Zohner Theatre Company, (Kosovo / Switzerland)
- "Madeleine’s war" – 2007, Oda Theatre (Prishtina, Kosovo)
2005 – 2006:
- "Aeneas Wounded" – 2006, Multimedia Center (Prishtina, Kosovo) & 2007 Glej Theatre (Lubljana, Slovenia)
- "The Subversive Donkey" – 2006, National Theatre (Gjilan, Kosovo)
- "Speckled Blue Eyes" – 2005, Albanian Drama Theatre (Skopje, Macedonia)
- "Le Roi, Le Clown, L`homme au Fouet et le Barbier" – 2005, Gare au Theatre (Paris, France)
- "The Longest Winter", 2005, CCTD & OMPF (Prishtina, Kosovo)
- "Forbidden Lesson" – 2004, CCTD & Dodona Theatre (Prishtina, Kosovo)
- "Voyage to Unmikistan" (co-author) 2002, L`espace d'un instant (Kosovo / France)
- "The Well" – 2002, National Theatre (Gjilan, Kosovo)
Existing translations of his plays:
- "The Demolition of the Eiffel Tower" - Albanian, Bosnian, English, French
- "War in Times of Love" - Albanian, English, German, French, Turkish, Bulgarian and Spanish
- "Aeneas Wounded" - Albanian, English, Slovenian, Serbian, Romanian
- “The Bridge” - Albanian, English, Bosnian
- "Patriotic hypermarket"- Albanian, Serbian
- "Speckled Blue Eyes" - Albanian, English, Macedonian, Russian
- "Liza is Sleeping" - Albanian, English, Bulgarian
- "Punch and Judy Murder Love" - Albanian, English
- "Madeleine’s war" - Albanian, English
- "Voyage to Unmikistan" - Albanian, French
- "Forbidden Lesson" - Albanian, English
- "Le Roi, Le Clown, L`homme au Fouet et le Barbier" - French
- “An American tune” – English
- “The Demolition of the Eiffel Tower” - Albanian, French, English